At KlevaKids our passion is to expose children to science in a way that is entertaining and fun. We understand the challenges of integrating science into the early childhood classroom and home. Therefore, we have created a innovative format that allows you to engage children in discovering the amazing world around them. Our books incorporate already established research that multi-sensory educational activities accelerate learning. This is combined with established research on the benefits of dialogic reading. The result is a dynamic process that facilitates both learning of science and literacy development simultaneously.
All of our books are formatted in a four-line rhyming scheme and contain a song to reinforce the science concept. In addition to the song, our dialogic books contain amazing art projects, exciting experiments, and innovative integrated learning prompts. Our books are beautifully designed and easy to use. At KlevaKids we believe that science should be fun for young children and that literacy development is essential to any academic foundation. We are devoted to providing you with products that make it easy for you to bring science into your early childhood classroom or home. Lighting a path to learning by making science and literacy development fun for preschool and early age children is indeed a worthy endeavor.
The KlevaKids format promotes:
- Science through inquiry, discovery, observation, and experiments
- Math such as counting and patterns
- Language arts like sounds, word recognition, and vocabulary
- Executive functions including self-regulation and cooperation
- Gross motor skills expressed through movement
- Fine motor skills guided by art activities
IMPACT ON LITERACY
The KlevaKids approach emphasis communication between the child and storyteller, as well as, among the children in a group setting. The KlevaKids multi-sensory approach facilitates the furtherance of communication development to include visual representation, verbal expression, and reading skills. Ironically, while learning science concepts is the focus, the science concepts cannot be conveyed without adequate literacy skills. Hence, the most immediate observable impact tends to be improved literacy skill development, regardless of the child's current skill level.
Dialogic Series: In addition to the story and song, our dialogic books contain amazing art projects, exciting experiments, and innovative dialogic integrated learning prompts.These books are designed for interaction between the children and storyteller using dialogic prompting.
- Dialogic Earth Theme topics span the cardinal directions, gravity, layers of the earth, planets, volcanic eruptions, and the water cycle. Each book includes dialogic prompts, a song, movement, and an experiment or art project.
- Dialogic Plants Theme topics cover carrots of various colors, germination, how peanuts grow, photosynthesis, pollination, and the sunflower life cycle. Each book includes dialogic prompts, a song, movement, and an experiment or art project.
- Dialogic Water Theme concepts include bubbles always being round, displacement, floating eggs, oil rising to the top of water, water as a solid, liquid or gas, and the process of wicking water. Each book includes dialogic prompts, a song, movement, and an experiment or art project.
- Dialogic Weather Theme topics encompass the basic weather elements, lightening as a process, rainbows, seasons, and how snowflakes are make made. Each book includes dialogic prompts, a song, movement, and an experiment or art project.
Help us light a path to learning by making science and literacy development fun for preschool and early age children.